Vegan Molasses Sugar Cookies

Even if you're not vegan, these cookies are amazing! I have a few friends who are vegan or vegetarian, and whenever I'm going to a party I whip up a batch of these delights and always get many compliments. If you've never had molasses sugar cookies, which surprisingly enough many people have not, you need to try this recipe! 10/10 you're guaranteed to love them :)

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar(plus some to roll dough balls in)
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup applesauce(substitute for egg)
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375.

Grease cooking sheet.

Melt shortening.

Cool.

Add ingredients in order.

Roll dough balls in extra sugar.

Bake 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Let me know how your cookies turned out in the comments below!
Also comment with any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP.

p.s. If you don't want them to be vegan, all you have to do is substitute the applesauce for 1 egg, but either way they are delicious.





Comments

  1. I've tasted these before and they are SO GOOD! Molasses sugar cookies are my favorite cookie of all time, and you seriously can't tell the difference in taste between the vegan and non-vegan batch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts