Molten Cinnamon Chocolate Cakes

*Credit for the original recipe goes to Muffin Tin Magic*

I'll be posting a revised version of one of my favorite recipes from a cookbook I found at BJ's called Muffin Tin Magic. This cookbook is wonderful and includes recipes of all sorts with one thing in common- they can all be baked in a muffin tin.

6 oz semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup butter
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 eggs
6 tbsp flour
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425.(this recipe is for 6 jumbo cakes but I've found that they are too big and regular sized cakes are preferable- made in a normal muffin tin) Spray tin with cooking spray(See my post about butter and flour NEVER Pam).

Combine chocolate and butter in bowl, microwave until melted stirring every 30 seconds.

Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until blended. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.

Bake 9 minutes(or 13 if you want to make 6 jumbo cakes).

Allow to cool for a minute or two. - The insides will look like raw brownie batter, but the sides will be firm.

Loosen sides of cake with a knife and transfer to plates - the cakes should be flipped so the top of the muffin is face down.

Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.

Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat in the microwave within a few days- very good either way.

Best if served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream<3

I truly hope you enjoy these mini lava cakes, as they are one of my favorite quick and easy recipes to make! Let me know what you think, or comment below with any questions.





Comments

Popular Posts