The Lunar Chronicles *Spoil-free Overview*

Hey Guys!

As I said in my previous post, the Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series so I thought it would be fitting to start out my blog with an overview of Marissa Meyer's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G series! As for the layout of my post, I'm hoping to first offer a spoiler-free overview of the series for anyone looking for a good read, and then give my personal review of the books in another post, and trust me it will be chock-full of spoilers. 

*Spoil-free Overview*
To put it very, very simply, the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is a futuristic retelling of  your favorite fairy tales. It consists of four books and a few novellas.
  1. Cinder: The story of cinderella with a twist, as 'Cinder' is part cyborg. -Sadly my least favorite of the series :/ but keep reading... It gets much better!
  2. Scarlet: Little Red Riding Hood except Scarlet's grandmother is kidnapped and Scarlet contracts the help of a devilishly handsome streetfighter named Wolf(suspicious?) to help her find the only family she has left. -My favorite!!
  3. Cress: Rapunzel as a socially awkward, tech savvy teen that's been trapped in a satellite orbiting earth meets space pirate(jk he's actually just a thief and ex con, but he did steal a spaceship). -This one is adorably sweet
  4. Winter: A half-crazed snowhite trying to survive the wrath of her awful stepmother with her handsome guard to protect her wherever she may go. Oh, also she lives on the moon. -LOVE this one<3
If you're a big fan of fantasy(like me) and you also like a bit of sci-fi, futuristic, and fairytale stuff mixed in there, this is the book for YOU! Marissa Meyer writes beautifully in this series and each story is unique in itself while following some of its original fairytale. 10/10!


Comments

  1. p.s. If you liked this series you MUST read the Ravenspire series by CJ Redwine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts