Hush, Hush Book Review

Good Morning!

I recently reread one of my favorite books(although it didn't make the top ten list) and I wanted to give you guys an overview because it's soo captivating!

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is about a studious, average girl by the name of Nora Grey who starts having mind bending experiences after being assigned to a new bio partner, the mysterious and elusive Patch Cipriano. Now I know what you're thinking, but this is NOT a knock off of Twilight. Apparently Bio class is the place to go if you're looking to meet a devilishly handsome, mysterious stranger who just so happens to be otherworldly- keep this in mind ladies:) 

Anyway, as it so happens, and I'm only giving this away because the cover makes it obvious enough, Patch is a fallen angel. Although Nora doesn't figure this out until 2/3 of the way through the novel. Since Patch's arrival in her life, strange things have been happening to Nora, like the attacks of a ski-masked criminal, and lifelike visions turning her reality upside down. Nora and her best friend, Vee, are determined to find out who Patch really is(what his agenda is), if he has any relation to the man in the ski mask, and why there are absolutely no records of him in the school office. 

I found Nora's character in this novel very relatable and realistic, although her best friend, Vee, is slightly irritating at times. I also enjoyed Patch's character, although his air of mystery may have been slightly overdone. while the writing itself could be improved, the plot of this novel is deep with many twists and turns along the way, and as I said earlier, so captivating you'll hardly be able to put it down.

*7/10*

If you're a fantasy lover, I would definitely recommend this book to you- let me know what you think in the comments below<3


Comments

Popular Posts